Sunday, September 15, 2013

Greetings From Naas, Ireland


Greetings from Naas, Ireland 9/15/13

 

Grace and peace to you in the name of Jesus! Those are the words I usually say as I begin my sermon. Though I didn’t hear them said as Father Phillip began his sermon I could see the breadth and depth of the Body of Christ that crosses oceans, that speaks in different accents that worships in centuries dark old stone walled sanctuaries and in the abundant light of our modern sanctuary.

 

I could dwell on differences including the fact that I usually had to ask people to repeat themselves as I sorted out their accents, but the unity in Christ far out-weighed any differences. The one God was present in the gathering of God’s people, and in the hymns, and in the preached word, and in the coffee hour.

 

 
 
 
Please note the number of people jammed into the small space at the rear of the sanctuary following service - All sharing the fellowship of our God who unites us.

 

Thanks be to God!

Pastor Jeff



 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment