Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thursday June 17 4:30 pm

We arrived in Berlin on Friday and today is Thursday already. Where has the week gone. It has been filled with excitement, gladness, sadness and much joy all rolled into one. We have done lots of sightseeing, walking and riding the buses, and trains. I have been working at an after school center painting, laying carpet and general “making the place a little brighter and better. The kids are curious and some try to communicate and that has been an experience by itself. We will leave the center a better place than it was when we arrived. Knowing that is a very satisfying and fulfilling feeling. I'm very glad that God put me in the right place at the right time and with the right people to have made this all happen for us. Zoe and I both are having the time of our lives.

Richard Walker

I have worked most of my time while in Berlin helping in the kitchen to preparing meals for the mission workers. I have met many women from the American Church in Berlin who have worked along side with me. We have interacted in a very friendly and positive way. They are very nice. I have learned a lot on how the Germans use their kitchen in meal preperation. I'm so glad and excited to be part of this mission.

Zoe Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment