Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 1 and 2 Ride to Rochester

For me it's been 70 miles and 2 presentations with one more to go tonight at Our Redeemer Scotia. I have to say that yesterday was a tough day for me. I was already tired after church, then only a little time for lunch and off on the bike to Castleton-on-Hudson. It was hot but I figured going east at least I'd have the wind. I did, only it was in my face the entire way. In addition that 20 pounds of luggage strapped on my bike that seemed like a good idea at the time was not such a good idea. By the time I got to Castleton, my legs were cramping and I was rolling around on the lawn of the elementary school in agony. Why am I doing this? Because the ministries are that important! We had a great crowd and wonderful food and we told our stories of why we are crazy enough to ride across the state. Today was much better, except for Amber's flat tire. But in 15 minutes the new tube was in and we were rolling again. We were delighted that some people actually came to our lunch at Prince of Peace, Clifton Park. And then 11 more miles on to Scotia. It was hot today, tomorrow will be hotter, but we look forward to another great day.

1 comment:

  1. We were happy to unofficially see you all off. May you all have a safe and meaningful trip.

    ReplyDelete