Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mission Dispatch 4

Staten Island 7-15-09 pm

Georgie (8:30 pm) Blessings:
What a blessing God has given me, my family, my job, food, help when needed, and all the other things that we all take for granted. Being here has shown me that we are all so blessed by God's love and grace. We all can share that with others at any level. Just giving someone a smile can change someones day. So go out and help someone today.

Jeff (9:10pm) Actually kind of an easy day for me. 5 of us worked at the Hospitality House (family housing apartments). Other than giving a top-notch cleaning to some pretty goady high-chairs there really wasn't much work for us. Then on to the food pantry – not much work there today either. The afternoon was capped off with a speaker on HIV/AIDS and off to the HIV/AIDS group bar-b-que. Lots of good food and I learned how to play spades by watching.

7-16-09
Jeff (7:00am) Not sure when we are coming back tonight so I'll send this out as a brief dispatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment